Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
These ‘Terms & Conditions’ may vary from time to time. Please make sure you review them regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use this website after any variation has been posted.
About Attenborough Centre for the Creative Arts (ACCA):
- www.attenboroughcentre.com is operated and managed by ACCA as part of the University of Sussex
- Registered company number: RC 000672
- Registered office: University of Sussex, Sussex House, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9RH
- VAT number: GB 692712320
2. Using this website
By using the ACCA website you agree to be bound by these ‘Terms & Conditions’ other than in relation to those conditions listed under ‘Ticketing’ below, which will become applicable when you buy a ticket.
ACCA gives no warranty to the accuracy of the information accessed through the website and accepts no liability for any loss, damage or inconvenience that may be caused in the event that inaccurate information appears on it. Every attempt has been made to present up-to-date, accurate information. Information may be changed or updated without notice. The material on this website may be out of date at any given time, and ACCA is under no obligation to update such material. ACCA will not be liable if for any reason this website is unavailable in whole or in part at any time or for any period. Materials posted on this website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. ACCA disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any third party. If the need arises, access to this website may be suspended or terminated indefinitely.
The text and images on this website are the property of ACCA or its licensors and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. You can print or download any part of the text and images for personal use only, and any copies must retain the copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material. Any other use is prohibited and shall automatically terminate your permission to use this website. No part of this website may be reproduced by any process without written permission from ACCA. The trademarks and logos displayed on this website are the property of ACCA. You are not permitted to use such trademarks and logos without the prior written consent of ACCA.
a) Data Protection and GDPR
ACCA is committed to protecting your privacy and conforms to the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection regulation (GDPR) 2018 and any superseding legislation. The personal information that you enter on the website will be held securely and will not be used for any other purpose than for us to contact you about ACCA and University of Sussex activities, unless you’ve given us permission to send you information from the arts organisations, company or promoter you are booking to see.
Please see our complete Privacy Notice here: https://www.attenboroughcentre.com/privacy-policy/.
Unfortunately, data transmission over the internet is not guaranteed to be 100% secure, but ACCA takes appropriate steps to protect the security of your personal data.
d) Inaccuracies and Corrections
ACCA makes every effort to keep your personal data accurate and up-to-date. If you become aware of errors or inaccuracies, please log-in to your account via the ‘My Account’ link or email email@example.com.
- Once paid for, tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable
- We accept MasterCard and Visa
- If collecting tickets, please bring the same card used to purchase online or by phone
- To deter buying and selling tickets for personal gain, we may hold tickets for collection and require the credit/debit card used for the original transaction
- ACCA takes no responsibility for tickets purchased from unauthorised agents or other sources which are therefore invalid
- ACCA is not liable for any tickets that are lost or stolen
- ACCA and associated event promoters are not liable for any personal travel, accommodation or hospitality arrangements made relating to the event in the event of the cancellation for any reason of any event.
- Failure to comply with these ‘Terms & Conditions’ will make your ticket and transaction void.
- Tickets must not be sold for profit or commercial gain by any outlet other than ACCA or one of its authorised agents. If you would like a list of agents for a specific event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is no per order charge for bookings
- There are no additional per-ticket booking fees
- £1 is the standard postage charge
- ACCA reserves the right to alter the programme without prior notice if necessary
- ACCA reserves the right to refuse admission to and/or eject any person appearing to be intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, or otherwise behaving dangerously or inappropriately. No refunds will be given under these circumstances.
- ACCA reserves the right to ask customers who cause unreasonable disturbance inside the auditorium during events to leave. Unreasonable disturbance is determined by our Front of House team and is dependent on events. Please show consideration for your fellow audience members and our artists.
- Under 14s coming to see a show are not allowed into the venues without a ticket-holding adult of 18+. Age limits for children’s shows are determined on an event-by-event basis.
- Babes in arms (children under the age of approximately 2 years) are welcome at all ACCA events; however parents are asked to select seats that allow easy exit from the auditorium should your baby become restless. Unless the show is designed for children under 2 years, your baby does not require a ticket.
- Loud noise can cause permanent hearing damage. Complimentary hearing protection is available from Front of House staff. We do not recommend bringing children to music events without bringing specific hearing protection designed for children with you.
- Latecomers will only be admitted at suitable breaks in the performance. Not all performances contain suitable breaks.
- For some performances a ‘no readmission to the auditorium’ policy will operate throughout. Please check on arrival at the venue.
- You must produce a valid ticket to gain entry to ticketed events at ACCA and, upon request, produce a valid ticket for inspection at any time. Failure to produce your ticket may result in your being asked to leave the venue.
- To ensure safety, we may conduct security searches of clothing, bags and all other items on entry and reserve the right to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the event or others.
- Drinks purchased at the bar are generally allowed in the auditorium with the exception of any events deemed to be disturbed by the inclusion of drinks such as, for example, classical music and some dance performances.
- Photography, audio and video recording is not permitted. You will be asked to stop and may have your equipment confiscated and data deleted at the artists’ request. If you would like to request a photography pass please contact email@example.com.
- You are responsible for your belongings when attending the venue. ACCA accepts no responsibility for any personal property brought to the venue, including items which are left in the cloakrooms.
- Food and drink purchased elsewhere may not be consumed in ACCA.
- Smoking and vaping are not permitted anywhere in the venue.
- Mobile phones must be silenced before entering the performance areas.
- Events may be age restricted and it is the responsibility of the ticket holder to check before purchasing.
- Assistance dogs are welcome in our venue. Please advise our Box Office in advance so we can ensure your needs are met. However, no other animals are allowed without prior permission.
- Warning: strobe lighting, lighting that produces stroboscopic effects, smoke machines and other theatrical effects may be used during shows in our venues. If you have concerns about any of these elements being in a performance that you are coming to see please contact the Box Office (open Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm and an hour before each advertised show), who will be able to confirm what effects will be in use. Please note that an answer may not be instantaneous as we may need to contact the promoter to get more information.
a) Limitation of Liability
Nothing in these ‘Terms & Conditions’ is intended to exclude or to limit in any way any liability which ACCA may have for death or personal injury to any person caused by their negligence, for fraud, misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Under no circumstance will ACCA be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense, which was not reasonably foreseeable at the time the ticket was purchased or which was not directly attributable to any act or omission of ACCA. ACCA shall not be liable for any loss of enjoyment or any wasted expenditure in excess of the face value of the ticket. ACCA shall not be liable for any indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages or any loss of income or profits.
The invalidity or partial invalidity of any provision of these ‘Terms & Conditions’ shall not prejudice or affect the remainder of these ‘Terms & Conditions’, which shall continue in full force and effect.
c) Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These ‘Terms & Conditions’ and any dispute or claim arising from, or related to, a visit to this website, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any such dispute or claim, although ACCA retains the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these ‘Terms & Conditions’ in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
- The prize is as stated and prizes are not exchangeable
- Social media competition winners will be notified via Twitter or Facebook – so make sure you check back and follow us or like us so we can direct message you.
- We will message, Facebook comment or tweet you at least 24 hours in advance of the show, to tell you if you’ve won. If you do not respond with acknowledgement within 2 hours of the show beginning, your tickets will not be held.
- Tickets won are for the show offered only and cannot be carried over.
- We may use your photos, comments and entries and share them on our social media channels, website and in future publicity for ACCA and Brighton Festival
- The winners will be chosen by a representative of ACCA and/or University of Sussex
- Winners list (social media): The winner consents to their Twitter/ Facebook profile being made publicly available on Twitter/Facebook via our Twitter/Facebook updates.
- Other: No correspondence will be entered into regarding competitions or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, ACCA’s decision shall be final. We reserve the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this competition at any time without notice.
- No refunds can be given on existing tickets