Helen Cammock in conversation (Turner Prize 2023 at Towner Eastbourne x University of Sussex)
Part of Turner Prize 2023 at Towner Eastbourne x University of Sussex
An opportunity to hear artist Helen Cammock (joint winner of 2019 Turner Prize and University of Sussex alumna) discussing her work with Dr Malcom James (Co-Director of the Centre for Cultural Studies, University of Sussex).
The Turner Prize, one of the world’s leading prizes for contemporary art, is being exhibited for the first time in Sussex this year. The University of Sussex is Education Partner for the Turner Prize 2023 at Towner Eastbourne.
Two University of Sussex alumni have previously won the Turner Prize:
- Helen Cammock, a Sociology graduate, was one of the co-winners of the 2019 prize.
- Jeremy Deller, who holds an MA in British Art History and Critical Theory, won the Turner Prize in 2004.
The shortlisted artists for the Turner Prize 2023 are:
- Jesse Darling
- Ghislaine Leung
- Rory Pilgrim
- Barbara Walker
The jury for Turner Prize 2023 is:
- Martin Clark (Director of Camden Art Centre)
- Cédric Fauq (Chief curator of Capc musée d’art contemporain de Bordeaux)
- Melanie Keen (Director of Wellcome Collection)
- Helen Nisbet (Artistic Director of Art Night)
Helen Cammock photo by Sebastiano Luciano
Dates & Times
Monday 20 November, 20236:30pm