Join the University of Sussex Provost, Rachel Mills, and a panel of judges to hear current students Pitch for the Planet
In Pitch for the Planet, eight teams or individuals will take part in a Dragons’ Den style challenge, pitching their sustainable innovation ideas, with the hope of winning a share of £20,000 of funding and a place on the Sussex Accelerator scheme to help turn their sustainability ideas into reality.
Get ready to be inspired as the next generation of social entrepreneurs find solutions to some of the world’s most difficult problems in relation to:
- Reducing energy consumption;
- Carbon capture and/or compensation;
- Reducing water consumption;
- Sustainable education and/or community engagement;
- Protecting or enhancing biodiversity;
- Sustainable food and/or agriculture; or
- Sustainable travel.
- Rachel Mills - Provost (Panel Chair)
- Kelly Coate - PVC for Education and Students
- Richard Zaltzman - Independent Member of Council
- Sara Osterholzer - Impact Entrepreneur and Sussex Entrepreneur in Residence
- Cllr Phélim Mac Cafferty - Leader of Brighton and Hove City Council
Our Provost will also announce the winners of our three Climate Leaders Prizes, which recognise outstanding climate leadership in the run-up to and after the UN Climate Change Conference (COP26) in November 2021.
Dates & Times
Friday 04 March, 20229:30am – 12:30pm