Gravity & Levity: Dissecting Aerial Symposium
Dissecting Aerial is back for 2022. This time, the 2-day aerial dance symposium promoting healthy practice will be both live at Attenborough Centre for the Creative Arts in Brighton and live-streamed internationally online.
The event will showcase practice, pedagogical and personal approaches to healthy and sustainable practice from aerial artists, researchers, body workers, medical and sports science practitioners from across the globe. We're able to bring you world renowned practitioners and speakers, wherever you are, whether you're joining us solo at home, with your community in your local studio, or with us at ACCA.
The line-up will include presentations and practical sessions:
- 'Hanging with awareness' - working with the principles of opposition, mobility and connection in the air
- ‘POSER’: Navigating Imposter Syndrome and reclaiming your future as an artist
- Recognising Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder and Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.
- Proprioception Exercises for Hypermobile Humans
- ‘Attracting and Fostering Plus-Size Aerial Students’
- The science of the c-shape
- Harnessing your hormones for older aerialists
- Starting points to engage with aerial fabric for non-typical bodies (and everyone)
- Longevity in movement practice
- Accessibility and Inclusion. Reframing the myth of diversity - one cannot exist without the other.
- ‘Epistolary Aerial Adventures.’
- 'Approaches to building advocacy for diversity, mental health and emotional well being’.
Dates & Times
Saturday 15 January, 202210:00am – 5:30pm
Sunday 16 January, 202210:00am – 5:30pm
In-person individual: 2 days: £125 // 1 day: £75
Online individual: 2 days: £90 // 1 day: £50
Studio hubs: 2 days: £350 // 1 day: £225, for groups of up to 10 in one location.
In-person individual: 2 days: £150 // 1 day: £95
Online individual: 2 days: £110 // 1 day: £75
Studio hubs: 2 days: £450 // 1 day: £275, for groups of up to 10 in one location.